URL shortening concept came into the picture because of the limitation of the length for a status update on the social site like Twitter. Sometimes if you are transferring long link over the mail, it was breaking into the small part, and before reaching to the receiver, it will break.
URL shortening means some tools convert the regular URL into a short/concise format. It will still redirect to correct specified links. Some people will think that it won’t redirect to the specified path which it has to, but it’s a wrong assumption, it will redirect to the right track.
- Best Chrome plugin and extensions you must install
- Awesome screenshot- best Chrome and Mozilla plugin for screenshot
- Save to Google drive-Best chrome plugin to save media
Why we use URL shortener tool?
- On Twitter, there is the limit for a character for updating status; in such cases, we won’t update the status of the link if it is long.
- Short URL is convenient to read and send over the mail, instant messaging service, etc.
- You can write short URL without mistake.
- If you want to share the link on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, then you can quickly send it.
- If you are using affiliate links on your blog, then you can easily hide it with shortening it.
- By using shortening URL, you can track the audience.
Top URL shortener tools
A product by Google in which you can short long URL by a single click. If you have Google login active, then you will get stats for previous URLs like how many clicks, created date, etc. Once you put your URL and shorten it, you will get a preview of that URL under the link to get confirmed correct URL. All URL which is getting shorter by Google starts with goo.gl
You can add a Chrome and Mozilla plugin to shorten the link immediately.
This is a popular URL shortening service. The short URL, which is created by using TinyURL starts with tinyurl.com. Once you shorten the URL, you will get the length of the URL and new period.
Standard URL shortener method which is accepted by all over the world. You will get basic service of shortening URL at free of cost. If you want more features, then you can upgrade it to the enterprise edition. You will get a comprehensive dashboard of stats on Bitly. The URL which gets short using Bitly starts with bit.ly
You will get Chrome plugin for Bitly so that you can fast shorten the URL.
Enterprise edition features
- You can replace the bit.ly URL with your brand name or short blog name. It means your final short URL starts with short name decided by you.
- You can create a campaign and keep eyes on your audience. You can identify the CTR of your links.
- You will get support 24*7.
FAQ about URL shortener tools
1. Where can I use a short URL?
You can use the shorter URL wherever you want. Just I said above you can hide your affiliate links too. If your links are too long, then I recommend you to short it before publishing it to the social world. To increase the readability, we use short URL
2.is short URL redirect to the specified link?
That’s what the use of a URL shortener tool. We get a unique URL for your long link, and it will redirect to your link.
3. Why should I use the URL shortener tools?
If you want to know more about your audience in which links they are interested, then I would recommend you to use these services. Sharing short links instead of the original links is useful for the readers.
The above are the three best URL shortener tools which I used throughout my promotion strategy. You will get other tools also for shortening the URL, but all these are very popular than others. If you have not used these services, then I highly recommend you to use one of the above tools which are entirely free of cost.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How To Set Up Author Tracking in Google Analytics by MonsterInsights? - December 21, 2019
- How To Track File Downloads in WordPress Site? - November 3, 2019
- How to configure the WP Mail SMTP plugin with Amazon SES? - October 20, 2019