Is your WordPress blog loads slow?
Have you experienced the performance issue due to slower loading?
I have seen some bloggers facing this problem with their WordPress blog. They are finding a good way to decrease the load time and improve the performance. I would suggest you cleanUP the database by using WP Sweep or WP-Optimize WordPress plugin
Nearly half of all visitors will leave a mobile site if the pages don’t load within 3 seconds-Google
What do readers want? They want a site with high loading speed they don’t wait for few seconds. Most users move to the next site if your blog failed to load as expected.
Why does this happen?
The primary reason for this slowness in loading your blog is image size in your blog post. If you are uploading the HD images having size more than 1 MB then apparently your blog loads slowly.
How to get rid of this issue?
One way to improve your page loading time is to compress all images. Compressing the images will not assure that your blog speed will improve, but it will enhance your blog performance.
If you are using WordPress for your blog, then I have an excellent plugin to do the above all task in one click.
WP-smush WordPress plugin will optimize all the images present on your WordPress blog.
Getting started with WP Smush
WP-Smush is a free WordPress plugin for all the users. To get the benefit of this plugin you need to install it from the WordPress plugin directory.
Once you install it, go to Media > WP Smush
The dashboard of WP Smush is divided into four sections viz stats, bulk smush, setting. Advanced setting
Now you are ready to optimize all your images. To optimize the images click on the ‘Bulk Smush Now’ and your images start processing
Note: Free version of WP Smush allow you to Smush 50 images per click if you want to Smush all the images in a single click you can upgrade it to pro version.
Once you complete the Smushing of 50 images, then start optimizing another 50 images and so on. You can check the stats of the WP Smush on stats section.
For my blog, till now WP Smush saved 7.7MB memory by optimizing 414 images and for the pro version it would be 15.4MB saving.
You can auto compress the images when you upload it. Go to setting and enable the option
Why WP Smush?
There are many reasons why you should experience the WP Smush plugin. I have sorted out few of them
- The free version of this plugin is sufficient to optimize all images on your blog.
- Easy to use. Once you install this plugin, you can easily understand the plugin UI and functionality.
- WP Smush will improve the blog performance by optimizing all images
- Most rated images optimization plugin available in WordPress directory.
- Auto Smush option will reduce your manual work to optimize images.
- This plugin will optimize almost all types of images.
Why WP Smush Pro?
WP Smush Pro version will allow you more functionality than the free version.Some of the listed features
- You can smush all the images in a single click.
- Convert PNG to JPEG
- Super Smush (increase in saving memory)
- You can keep the backup of original images in case you need to restore it.
- You can Smush image up to 32MB
- and so on (check the below snapshot)
- 24*7 support, if you face any problem with this plugin, then you can connect with the support team at any time.
My review and experience of this plugin
I have been using this plugin since last four months. I installed this plugin and optimized all the images.My blog performance and page loading speed increase significantly. Now I have enabled the auto Smush feature to optimize the images automatically.
I am thinking to buy the pro version of this plugin to get more features, but before that, I would use this plugin for a year and will decide. I like the bulk Smush feature of this plugin as you don’t need to Smush all the images one by one just single click is enough to optimize all the images(pro version).
For a WordPress blogger, I would recommend this plugin if your blog loading speed is slow and you want to optimize the images. Installing this plugin is worth.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to set up WordPress locally using DesktopServer in 10 minutes? - December 10, 2017
- Kinsta Affiliate Program- Earn upto $500 per referral - December 3, 2017
- Fastest loading SEO WordPress Theme- Schema (Review and Offer) - November 26, 2017