When you lost your iPhone and panic about misusing the data present in it, then don’t worry here is the solution. Now you can erase iPhone data remotely using iCloud. If you want to erase iPhone using iCloud then you just have to know your Apple ID and password without this credentials you won’t erase the data.
This trick will 100% work as I have implemented this on my iPhone 4s. So let’s starts with the short but useful tutorial.
Steps to erase iPhone using iCloud remotely
1. First, Log into iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
2. After that, you will see the icons like below, Click on the Find my iPhone it will start locating your iPhone.
3. Next, you will see All devices at the middle top of the page, Click on that and select your device that is your iPhone name.
4. After clicking, you will see the three option Play sound, Lost mode, Erase iPhone
5. Then click on the erase iPhone, your iPhone will start deleting all data immediately when it has working internet connection. It will take 15-20 min to erase all data. If your iPhone is jailbroken then, don’t try to erase it because it will take too much time. If you want to erase all data from jailbroke iPhone then first make sure that you have updated IOS 7.0 or above, then try to erase.
6. When I have implemented this trick on my jailbroke iPhone 4S it was running 8-10 hours(because I have not updated the IOS version, my iPhone was running on IOS 6) then I decided to upgrade IOS so that it will erase all data and it will come to the original state. After I have updated to IOS 8 and my iPhone 4S was working properly. If your iPhone is jailbroken, then don’t try this method if it is lost then decide what you want.
- How to check iPhone warranty online?
- How to turn on the hotspot in iPhone?
- Exciting iPhone features
- Smart ways to increase iPhone battery life
Tips to avoid misusage of data when your iPhone lost
- Use a strong password (Don’t include name, birth date, etc.).
- Now, iPhone 5s and later version have touch ID feature, use it along with the regular password.
- Always keep a backup of your data on your laptop or iCloud.
- Don’t save all passwords in third party apps (Most people have a habit that they keep all passwords in notepad or any other app). If you want to keep the password then use notes with password.
- Immediately erase iPhone by using any method (erase iPhone using iCloud) when it lost to avoid misuse.
- Block your SIM card(if possible).
There is another way to erase iPhone by using iTunes, which I will discuss in next tutorial. If you like this short tutorial then, please share it with your friend’s. Keep visiting.
P.S: If you know any other method to erase iPhone then let our readers know.
If you like this tutorial then share it with your friends.