Key players in Affiliate Marketing
Before starting let’s get clear about some terms which we will use throughout the tutorial.
- A Merchant- This is a Advertisers or business that sells products from where we get Ads Banner, Links, etc.
- The Affiliate- This person(publishers) who promote goods and services on their blog.
- The Customer- The users who click on the affiliate links and buy the products and services.
- The Network- The entity that manages all this process called network like Commission Junction, ShareASale, etc.
Some of the Advertisers manage their affiliate programs by own. So, if you want to join it then you have to visit the official site of that products and sign up the program.
Some Advertisers gives their affiliate to the networks who will manage all the things related to it. Affiliate networks get paid by the Advertisers/business. In this case, we need to sign up on the Affiliate networks where we get lots of products to promote.
How does Affiliate marketing work?
In simple words, Affiliate marketing is just promoting products and getting a commission through it. In this process, you will have to go through the four steps-
- Sign-up for the program/affiliate networks
- Get the approval
- Start promoting products/services
- Get commission
First thing is to find the right products to promote on our blog. This is very simple, we have to choose products on our niche. Here, I am promoting the web hosting on my blog. If you are writing a review of products then it’s the best way to promote that product because every buyer read the review before buying something. It might be a possibility that they will read your review and will buy the products from your blog.
Once you selected the products then sign up for the affiliate program. Your application will get reviews by t he expert affiliate team. It will take few days for reviewing your request. They review your application on the basis of various factors. Once they complete background process, they will send you to email about the status of your application either approved or rejected.
- Bluehost Affiliate programs and review
- Dreamhost affiliate program and my first blogging income with it
- How to earn money with Hostgator affiliate program?
Performance or sale tracking
When your Affiliate application approved then, you will get a unique Affiliate link in which your affiliate ID embedded. By using that unique ID, the Advertisers will track your performance or sale through this affiliate ID. Your Affiliate ID was embedded in your published ads code, so it’s easy for them to track your earning. You can track Affiliate performance in your dashboards.
Why Affiliate Programs?
As I told you above that Affiliate marketing is the best way to make money online. The affiliate program is most efficient and least expensive monetization technique to make money online, so most of the blogger prefer it. Here are some reasons why every blogger chooses Affiliate marketing as their primary source of income.
- Free of cost- Affiliate marketing is entirely free of cost.You don’t need to pay for joining an Affiliate program.
- A sky is a limit for earning- You can make unlimited money from Affiliate marketing.No limit for making money.
- Global market- You can reach more people from around the world.
- No customer support- You don’t need to provide any customer support to buyers it’s none of our business. Advertisers will take care of it.
- Easy sign up the process.
- You will get lots of Advertising stuff like banners, links, coupons etc.
- Easy mode of payment ACH, PayPal, and others.
Commission Junction(CJ) and ShareASale are affiliate network where you will get thousands of Affiliate programs. When you join this two network, you can search a number of related products available for marketing on your blog. You will need to apply for each product individually again they will review your application. Once approved then only you can place ads on your blog.
Note- Affiliate marketing will be useful only if you have high traffic. Most of the visitors will ignore the ads. There might be some exceptions but in most of the cases, it works for high traffic.
Popular Affiliate Programs/Networks
At the starting of this blog, I had decided only one monetization technique, Adsense. As my experience about blogging goes on increasing, I learn new techniques to earn money through blogging. I heard about Affiliate marketing and that day I thought that this method would help to grow my blogging income. Indeed, Affiliate commission is huge compared to PPC(Pay Per Click) techniques.
If you have targeted traffic, then I highly recommend to you join some affiliate programs. Here are some popular programs which I joined and promoting it on my blog.
Last month I earned $47 from the Dreamhost affiliate program. This program has the highest commission rate of $97 per sale. In my case, the buyer applied the coupon of $50, so I only get $47.
Start promoting a product. You will get rewarded as much as you deserved.
Which product should you promote?
You can promote any products on your blog, but I recommend you to promote only those products that your blog is about. It means if your blog is focusing on blogging then you can promote products related to Web hosting, Domain name, etc. As readers are reading blogging stuff, it means they are looking for some product they must be interested in the product.Here at Scrollbucks, I am promoting only Web hosting products.
Hope that you have understood all the concept about Affiliate Marketing. If you know more about it, then do share your knowledge with our readers. If you have any doubt regarding affiliate, then feel free to contact me.
If you like this article, then do share it with your friends.