Key players in Affiliate Marketing
- A Merchant: This is a retailer or business that sells products from where we get Ads Banner, Links, etc.
- The Affiliate: This person who promote goods and services on their blog.
- The Customer: The users who click on the affiliate links and buy the products and services.
- The Network: The entity that manages all this process called network like Commission Junction, ShareASale, etc.
How does Affiliate marketing work?
If you are interested in promoting something on your blog, then you will join some popular Affiliate program.Once you submit the Affiliate application to the Marchant team, they will review it first. It will take few days for reviewing your request.Once they complete background process, they will send you mail about the status of your application either approved or rejected.
Performance or sale tracking
When your Affiliate application approved then, you will get a unique Affiliate link in which your affiliate ID embedded.By using that unique ID, the merchant will track your performance or sale through this affiliate ID.Your Affiliate ID was embedded in your published ads code, so it’s easy for them to track your earning.
Why Affiliate programs?
As I told you above that Affiliate marketing is the fastest way to earn money online.The affiliate program is most efficient and least expensive monetization technique to make money online, so most of the blogger prefer it.Here are some reasons why ProBlogger choose Affiliate marketing as their primary source of income.
- Free of cost: Affiliate marketing is entirely free of cost.You don’t need to pay for joining an Affiliate program.
- A sky is a limit for earning: You can make unlimited money from Affiliate marketing.No limit for making money.
- Global market: You can reach more people from around the world.
- No customer support: You don’t need to provide any customer support to buyers its none of our business.Advertisers will take care of it.
- Easy sign up the process.
- You will get lots of Advertising stuff.
Commission Junction(CJ) and Shareasale are affiliate network where you will get thousands of Affiliate programs.When you join this two network, you can search number pf related products available for marketing on your blog.You will need to apply for each product individually again they will review your application.Once approved then only you can place ads on your blog.Affiliate marketing is useful only if you have high traffic.Most of the visitors will ignore the ads.
Popular affiliate programs for bloggers
At the starting of this blog, I had decided only one monetization technique, Adsense. As my experience about blogging goes on increasing, I learn new techniques to earn money through blogging. I heard about Affiliate marketing and that day I thought that this method would help to grow my blogging income. Indeed, Affiliate commission is huge compared to PPC(Pay Per Click) techniques.
If you have targeted traffic, then I highly recommend to you join some affiliate programs. Here are some popular programs which I joined and promoting it on my blog.
Last month I earned $47 from the Dreamhost affiliate program. This program has the highest commission rate of $97 per sale. In my case, the buyer applied the coupon of $50, so I only get $47.
Start promoting a product. You will get rewarded as much as you deserved.
Which product should you promote?
You can promote any products on your blog, but I recommend you to promote only those products that your blog is about.It means if your blog is focusing on blogging then you can promote products related to Web hosting, Domain name, etc.As readers are reading blogging stuff, it means they are looking for some product they must be interested in the product.Here at Scrollbucks, I am promoting only Web hosting products.
Hope that you have understood all the concept about Affiliate Marketing.If you know more about it, then do share your knowledge with our readers.If you have any doubt regarding affiliate, then feel free to contact me.If you like above article, then do share it with your friends.