Thanks for being here. In this article, you will come to know the tools and resources that are used for starting the blog. Along with it, I am sharing the experience with that resources/tools.
Before starting your blog, I recommend you to gather the knowledge of blogging resources. There are plenty of resources and software available in the market for blogging but which tool is better for your blog. As a beginner, it’s very tough challenge to choose the right resource for the blog.
What are requirements for starting a new blog?
When we think about Blogging then, first of all, we need to collect some information about the niche of the blog. After that, we need to take a look at tools, software, plugins required for starting the blog.
So, let’s starts with the basic understanding of the resources which I am using for this blog.
Note- I have tried many plugins, tools, and software and chosen the best which is mentioned below.
- Blogger– This is a free blogging platform by Google. If you want to learn to blog, then I would recommend you to start your blogging journey with Blogger. Learn to create a blog on blogger in 5 minutes.
- WordPress.com– This is also the free platform for bloggers. Unlike blogger, you will have to pay for each activity in wordpress.com so directly I would not suggest you this blogging platform.
- WordPress.org– This is a self-hosted blogging platform which all professional bloggers use. Almost 20% of the websites hosted on this platform. If you want to make a career in blogging, then I highly recommend this platform. Initially, my blog was hosted on Blogger, later on, I moved to self-hosted WordPress.
- Dreamhost– As a beginner, everyone wants a profit without investing anything. Same like others I was also thinking to save some bucks. I got Dreamhost shared hosting just for $22. I have used the coupon code for 97% discount on Dreamhost hosting. You can read my review and experience with Dreamhost shared web hosting. Later on, I have migrated my blog from Dreamhost to Bluehost shared hosting.
- Bluehost– The most popular WordPress hosting which is recommended by WordPress itself. Currently, I am using Bluehost shared hosting(Plus plan). Available in very small price starting from $2.95/month. You can upgrade your hosting as per your requirements. You can read my review on Bluehost shared web hosting to get the basic idea of it.
- GoDaddy (Recommended)– This is a very popular domain name registrar and web hosting company. You can buy the desired domain name from GoDaddy at the lowest price. You can purchase the domain name at the lowest price starting from $1/year. Till now I have bought five domain name from GoDaddy. Also
- BigRock– India’s no one domain name registrar and web hosting company. Domain name starting price is $1/year.
- Namecheap– You can but the cheapest domain name from Namecheap.
- Google has introduced the Domain name for Indian users. The price is a bit more but its worth, you can try it.
- Genesis Framework: The very popular website building framework. Genesis provides the secure and searches engine optimized framework for the WordPress blog. Here at Scrollbucks, we are using custom designed Genesis framework. The price of this framework starts from $59.
- MyThemeShop– A popular online theme store where you will get thousands of WordPress theme at the lowest price.
- Google Adsense- This is very popular blog monetization techniques used by almost all bloggers. Here at Scrollbucks, our primary income source is from Google Adsense.
- Bluehost Affiliate– Affiliate marketing is the second income source. Here we are using Bluehost shared WordPress hosting. I have excellent experience with Bluehost, so I thought it would be better to start the Bluehost affiliate program. You can read my review on Bluehost shared WordPress hosting.
- Dreamhost Affiliate– This is the second affiliate program which we are using. Earlier I said that I had used Dreamhost hosting for a year. So I joined their affiliate program. I earned my first blogging income from the Dreamhost affiliate. You can read my review on Dreamhost affiliate program
Blog Statistic and Analysis
- Google Analytics– A trendy Google product for website traffic analysis. It’s a free tool available on the market. You can sign up for Google Analytics and enjoy using this tool.
- Google search console– This is another popular Google product where we can manage all the Google indexing task. Also, we can submit our website sitemap here. We can track the clicks, search query and more features for free.
- Bing Webmaster tool– This is Microsoft product, offered free sitemap submit to Bing search engine. I would recommend you to submit a sitemap to Bing also.
- Alexa- This is an Amazon company offers some exciting tools for tracking website. You can track your site traffic with Alexa, but it’s paid tool, so most people go for Google Analytics. Alexa rank is the traffic rank which will define the strength of your site. It’s free to see the Alexa rank of any internet site.
- MailChimp- Used to create a subscriber form, collecting the email address and send a bulk mail to all subscribers (free version allow you 20,000 emails per month).
Hardware and Software
- HP Pavilion laptop– I am using HP Pavilion laptop.(my first laptop)
- MacBook Air– This is a recommended laptop for the blogger, the battery life is 12 hours.
- Canva- This is free online image creating tool. Here at Scrollbucks, we are using Canva for image creating.
- Grammarly- This is free online grammar checker tool. You can use the chrome plugin for this tool to fast correction of the grammatical mistake. You can read my review of Grammarly free grammar checker tool.
- FileZilla- Everyone using self-hosted WordPress blog need this software to manage their FTP files.
- OneNote- To note down the rough blog post ideas, any other essential notes I am using OneNote.
- Evernote- This is advanced software for saving essential notes. Available freely in the market.
- Awesome Screenshot Chrome plugin- To capture the snapshot for the blog post I am using awesome screenshot chrome plugin.
Above all resources are sufficient for starting your blog. You will get lots of tools and blogging resources on the internet, but only a few are necessary and worthy.
If you want to make a career in blogging, then try to blog on self-hosted WordPress.
Latest posts by Amit Kharbade (see all)
- How to set up WordPress locally using DesktopServer in 10 minutes? - December 10, 2017
- Kinsta Affiliate Program- Earn upto $500 per referral - December 3, 2017
- Fastest loading SEO WordPress Theme- Schema (Review and Offer) - November 26, 2017